Here is a very tasty dessert that I ate during my childhood, my mother’s chocolate fridge cake. It’s quick and easy with no cooking involved, the refrigerator does all the work. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did growing up.
450g icing sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
200g rich tea biscuits (in South Africa we use Marie biscuits)
1. Melt the butter and add to sifted icing sugar and cocoa. Mix well.
2. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, add the vanilla extract and incorporate into the chocolate mixture.
3. Finally break the biscuits into small pieces and stir into the chocolate mixture.
4. Place in a greased dish approximately 20cm x 20cm and refrigerate for a few hours.
5. Once hardened, remove from the fridge and cut into squares.
Servings: 25 squares
Prep time: 20 minutes (excludes time in refrigerator)
Cook time: 5 minutes to melt the butter
Total time: 20 minutes (excludes time in refrigerator)