This recipe is oh so easy and oh so quick, the only excuse for not making it would be not
having a madeleine mould. And these are readily available, so no excuse! On top of that they look great and taste delicious. You could add a caffeine kick to them if you like by adding 5 grams of ground coffee and reducing the cocoa powder to 15 grams.
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g caster sugar
80g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
20g cocoa powder
80g butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C and grease the madeleine mould with butter.
2. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and the caster sugar until frothy.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa over the mixture and incorporate.
4. Gently fold in the melted butter.
5. Fill each mould about two thirds and bake in the oven for approximately 8 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Servings: approximately 30 mini madeleines
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes