Who doesn’t like a double dose of chocolate??? I know I do. Here I have made some very easy-to-make double chocolate muffins. I originally made just six, but that clearly did not turn out to be enough, so I had to make another twelve. Needless to say they didn’t last very long and I am being begged to make some more. They may not be the prettiest looking dessert but what they lack in looks they make up for in flavour!
250g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
180g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
100g butter, melted
150g milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together into a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl place the eggs, caster sugar, milk and vanilla extract and mix well. Add the melted butter and combine.
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the mixing bowl containing the dry ingredients and mix until
5. Add the chocolate pieces and fold into the chocolate mixture.
6. Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tray.
7. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 18 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing the muffins from the tray.
Servings: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes